The following youtube video by EMC outlines some of the reasons on why you should aim for a career in Data Science. Here is a rough guide on the difference between a statistician and a data scientist:
TL;DW (too long; didn’t watch)
- Data Science is a blend of math, statistics, and computer science that is used to solve quantitive problems creatively.
- Lots of companies are trying to hire people with these skill sets.
- Demand for these roles is far outstripping the supply.
- People with Data Science skills can apply their analytical skills to many verticals, such as economics, healthcare, and many more industries.
- Websites such as Kaggle provide a platform where you can practice your Data Science skills on real world datasets provided by many companies from a range of domains. And they pay you to do that which is another bonus.
- Data Scientists can also be thought to act as consultants that work with data.
- They need to work with people to understand business problems and represent those problems in a quantitative way on top of which they can run different algorithms.
- They need to be able work across a range of verticals, visualize data, build models, etc.
Here is the youtube video (6:46 minutes)
Why should i enroll for Data Science and Big Data Analytics course?